Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Murica 11//20/11

Almeria reunion: Elder Lignell, Elder Hamilton & Elder Bennett


I like the Jacob scripture, I read it this week. I like the cross reference in the D&C 101:
55 And the lord of the vineyard said unto one of his aservants: Go and gather together the residue of my servants, and take ball the strength of mine house, which are my warriors, my young men, and they that are of middle age also among all my servants, who are the strength of mine house, save those only whom I have appointed to tarry;
56 And go ye straightway unto the land of my vineyard, and redeem my vineyard; for it is mine; I have bought it with money.
57 Therefore, get ye straightway unto my land; break down theawalls of mine enemies; throw down their tower, and scatter their watchmen.

58 And inasmuch as they gather together against you, aavenge me of mine enemies, that by and by I may come with the residue of mine house and possess the land.

We have to read the entire Book of Mormon before Christmas, and mark every time it says God, or Jesus, or Santo de Israel, or Cordero de Dios, etc... And i´m in Alma right now. I´m doing it in Spanish. I´m having fun doing it.

Gabriela was baptized 2 years ago. One of her friends name Cesar came to church yesterday, and he´s super pumped about the gospel. The Hermanas are teaching him. The only thing, is that in his Book of Mormon, he´s got a big ole´ sticker of the Virgin Maria. Cesar used to live in Archena with a Bolivian man named Jaime who is a member of the Church but inactive.

Jaime and most of his family was baptized when he was 14, but lost contact with the church when he moved to spain 8 years ago. The Father of Jaime, after years of investigation was baptized about a year ago, and he has a super strong testimony that the church is true. Missionaries never worked in Archena where Jamie lives.

When Cesar lived with Jamie, Jamie talked to him all about the church, about the Book of Mormon, and it was the true restored church. Then Cesar moved away.

Jaime found me and Elder Corradi about 3 months ago, walking on the street. He walked up to us and asked if we were mormons. We got in contact and reactivated him.
Jaime and Cesar were super suprised to run into eachother at Church yesterday. They both found the church seprately. That's awesome!

The whole town of Archena is doing good. One of the guys we taught a while ago wants to change and be baptized now. His name is Luis. he was so impressed by his buddy´s good example and also by Gabriela's change of lifestyle. He lives with a couple of menos activos, and they also are becoming excited about the church again. Archena is great. Its just far away.

Dia de la accion gracías, en Murcia!! We ate at a place called "Foster´s Hollywood"


Thanksgiving was cool. The food wasn´t the best, but it was fun nevertheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment